FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT
Our vision as a Department is to be a centre of excellence in food processing providing food business and entrepreneurship expertise to the region, nation, West Africa Sub-region and NGOs to make available an abundant, safe, nutritious, and affordable food products.
- To provide high-quality education and training to individuals preparing for careers in food science and technology in the food industry, academia, or government.
- To conduct basic and applied research in food science and technology for ultimate benefit of the food industry and consumers.
- To provide assistance to the food industry through student’s industrial attachment & extension programs.
- Establish state of the Art food processing facilities to support innovative and sustainable growth in the food processing industries with an entrepreneurial focus to train and educate students and stakeholders in current and emerging processing technologies.
- Institutionalized projects through development of modules in food science & technology for short courses and coaching training for post-project adoption.
- To create collaborations with the top 10 Agric. & Food Universities in the Developed Countries for knowledge & technology importation.
- Fruit and Vegetable processing and their physicochemical analysis
- Post-harvest handling of agricultural produce: Fruit and vegetables, cereals and root & tubers
- Food safety and quality assurance status of foods